Sunday, October 11, 2020

Why Do You Keep Lying To Us, Bill Gardner?

                       



This was one of the first tweets I saw this morning when I logged in to Twitter. Once again, our Secretary of State proclaiming that "NH is the easiest state in the country to vote in." 

He says it all the time. 

Bill Gardner is the NH Secretary of State. He has access to all kinds of information about voting in NH and the rest of the country. He has access to far more information than a humble blogger like me has. 

Yet, despite my lack of access, I know, by doing a simple Google search, that NH is NOT the easiest state to vote in. It's not even in the top 10 of the easiest states to vote in. 


This map is from a comprehensive voter guide put together by Molly Olmstead and Mark Joseph Stern for Slate. As you can see, NH is considered "moderately difficult," not "easiest state to vote in." 

2018 study done by Northern Illinois University found that the 10 easiest states to vote in were:
  1. Oregon 
  2. Colorado 
  3. California 
  4. North Dakota 
  5. Iowa 
  6. Maine
  7. Utah 
  8. Massachusetts 
  9. Maryland 
  10. New Jersey

    Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/article220534340.html#storylink=cpy

I don't see New Hampshire in there either. I do, however, see Oregon at the top of the list. 




If I know this, so does Bill Gardner. That's why I'm asking why he's lying. And I'm asking the incurious NH media, who all operate on a GOP default setting, why they don't ever ask him about this. Why isn't anyone else asking him why he's lying to us? 

No comments: